Lost/Stolen/Confiscated Property

Mission Statement

The mission of the property and evidence room is to receive, safely store, and either release or dispose of all property or evidence that comes under the control of the Grandview Heights Police Department. This mission is accomplished in compliance with both state and local laws and in accordance with current division policies.

Claiming Impounded Property

Property can only be released to the legal owner of the property.

If property is being held as evidence in a criminal case, it will not be released without a court order or the authorization of the impounding/investigating officer.

Please direct questions regarding property, evidence, or claim of ownership to Officer Bruney at (614) 488-7901.

Lost Property

If you have lost an item within the city limits of Grandview Heights or Marble Cliff, you may report the item lost by calling the police department at (614) 488-7901.

Found Property

Found property turned into the Grandview Heights Police Department is placed into the property and evidence room for at least 90 days while an effort is made to find and contact the owner. After 90 days, any unclaimed property is either destroyed or auctioned pursuant to state law.

Auction of Unclaimed/Forfeited Evidence and Property

Unclaimed or forfeited property and evidence that is no longer needed is sold by public auction using GovDeals. A list of items for sale can be found on their website here.