- Building & Zoning
Building & Zoning
City Squared Online Permitting System & Contractor Registration
- Permit requests and contractor registration(s) are processed through City Squared. Please register online and complete the bond form.
- Online Help Files
- When submitting the application on City Squared, "DO NOT CHECK MARK TO RECIEVE NOTIFICATIONS", unless you want notifications anytime we make an update to the application or permit.
- Payment is not required up front upon submission of applications, request for payment will be sent to the email provided on the application.
- In addition to a permit application submission online, provide two sets of drawings to be dropped off at:
City of Grandview Heights
Building & Zoning Department
1260 McKinley Avenue
Columbus, OH 43222
- There is a convenience fee of 3% for online charges.
- Inspections are to be scheduled by calling the Building & Zoning Department at 614-481-6220.
Communications from the Building Official
We are committed to the safe and timely completion of building projects by ensuring Code compliance and sound construction practices for the City of Grandview Heights and the Village of Marble Cliff.
Except in the case of an emergency, the following activities conducted outside of an enclosed building are hereby determined to create or constitute unduly loud, disturbing, unhealthy and unnecessary noise shall not be performed within the city limits on Monday through Saturday between 8:00 pm and 7:00 am, or at any time on Sunday per City ordinance:
- Commercial garbage collection
- Pile drivers, excavation equipment, pneumatic hammers, derricks, hoists and other similar equipment
- Loading and unloading
The Building and Zoning Department:
- Issues contractor registrations (City Squared), permits, and applications (City Squared)
- Reviews construction documents
- Performs inspections
- Enforces Code compliance on new and existing structures
- Facilitates the Board of Zoning Appeals (residential projects)
- Facilitates the Planning Commission (commercial projects)
Case Document Links
For Right of Way, Sewer Repair, Curb Cut, and Street Cut permits, please visit the Service Department's page.